In this episode I talked with Fox and Ben about what first steps are needed to take to become a worship leader.
This is the first of our “Ask the Collective” podcast episodes. If you have a question that you’d like to hear some of the contributors respond to, please get in touch with us!
Some things we cover:
- The importance of loving people in worship ministry.
- How the weekend experience is an extension of a private life of worship.
- The importance of having a personal relationship with God.
- Recognizing that mistakes happen when leading worship.
- How even a “bad” worship service can be used by God in a powerful way.
- The value of learning music theory.
- The need for having an understanding of the worship technology involved at your church.
- Finding a mentor and mentoring others.
- An app that you can use to sync up everyones phones during a service.
- Sound training posts from Fox.
- God’s search for humility.