In this episode I had the chance to talk with Chris Burke, an awesome worship leader from Canada who had to make the tough choice to pass up a job opportunity because of theological differences. We talk about:
- The importance of the worship leader and pastor being on the same page theologically.
- Praying through taking a job as a worship leader. Being patient in the process.
- The danger of compromising your beliefs for the sake of taking a job.
- The process of finding a job
- How cool of a guy Chris Vacher is.
- Asking yourself the question, do I want my kids to sit under the teaching of the church I’m looking at?
I then interview Rick Matthews from the pedal company Matthews Effects. We talk about:
- Where he’s serving in worship ministry.
- How he got in to making guitar pedals.
- The importance of a tuner!