In this episode I had the chance to chat with Kari Jobe about:
- The process of bringing together so many worship leaders and musicians.
- The story behind the song “Forever” on her new album.
- Her definition of worship.
- How she prepares spiritually before leading worship.
- The value of having your team members lead devotionals
- Her warm up routine, she mentions using exercises from vocalcoach.com
- How she knows when it’s time to rest her voice.
- A question she often gets is how to foster spontaneous worship. She gives us a great way to work with our congregations in this area.
- The value of spontaneous worship and leaving margin in the service for people to worship.
- The influence Charlie Hall had on her in her growth as leading with margin.
Here are some great quotes from the interview:
- Counting the cost of doing ministry
- The heart behind writing three EP’s this year.
- The process behind one of the EP’s that will be in French.
We’re also partnering with one of our contributors, Rob Carona, of Songsmith Creative to offer a free songwriting webinar this week. Be sure to sign up and join us for a great conversation!