Show Notes for Our Interview With Worship Matters Author Bob Kauflin:
In this episode Miles and Adam talk with Bob Kauflin about:
- His latest book and how he come to write the ones before.
- The importance of a Biblical understanding of worship.
- The story of Sovereign Grace Music.
- Why the church needs theologically driven, accessible music.
- Some perspective on the evolution of worship over the past 30 years.
- The importance of looking toward mentors and leaders from generations past in church leadership.
- Why we need to understand how worship is about having our whole congregation singing to God.
- Why God needs to be the center of our worship planning.
- The danger of focusing so much on the production of our services over what God is doing.
- Why we have to make sure our ministries are focusing on what God is doing in our churches, not in others.
- Thoughts on having a “worship experience” on the weekend.
- The problem with chasing after a “wow moment” in our services.
- How a lot of the most popular worship artists are now packing more theological depth in their lyrics.
- Thoughts on how to connect modern worship styles with hymns.
- Why the melodies of our songs need to be accessible for our church.
- Having a right understanding of the difference between a song that’s meant for the radio or for the local church.
- Understanding that the songs in our church likely won’t be the best songs for another church.