In this Episode Adam Dolhanyk, Chris Bellamy and myself talk with James Mead from Kutless about:
- The process of writing this new album and the shift toward Kutless as a rock band.
- How Kutless got started.
- The balance of working with a team of musicians and writers.
- The need to be adaptable with the musicians and leaders you play with.
- The importance of humility in our teams.
- Their new guitar player Nathan Parrish. (Hey! He’s a contributor, check out his stuff here)
- How to cover guitar parts when you don’t have enough players.
- Some of their shows in Ukraine and why James will often say they were some of the best shows ever.
- The missionary heart of Kutless.
- A secret project!
- The guitar rig James uses. His Elliot Guitar called a tonemaster. His Greer amp lightspeed. His Tyler Amp.
Guitar Crush Wednesday!!! I mean, come on! Look at this. My dudes @elliottguitars make this amazing instrument, designed by Andy Elliott and @pstroud called the #Tonemaster. The pickups are made in house too, and they just put the utmost care into every aspect of making their guitars. I’m so lucky to work with such amazing companies, and excited to announce something NEW pretty soon! #geartalk #elliottguitars #madeinamerica #knowyourtone #cleantone #guitar #playguitar #offsetguitars #kutless #SURRENDER