In this episode Chris Bellamy and myself talk with David Gungor of the Brilliance about:
- His podcast to help tell the stories of the music in their album.
- The theme and purpose of their latest project.
- The reason we have to have a why behind the music we write.
- The influence of his trip to Assisi and being able to talk with Pope Francis.
- What the band for The Brilliance looks like.
- How David goes about writing and who he involves in the process.
- The logistics for the recording process.
- Advice for worship leaders to be able to strike the balance of creativity and worship leadership.
- Some thoughts on what genre of music you would call The Brilliance, and how ultimately it’s about pointing people to Jesus.