Welcome to the very first episode of The Ask the Church Collective Podcast! You can submit your questions for future episodes via the phone number given on the podcast so we can play it back for everyone to hear!
Cliff Lambert, Christopher Bellamy, Laura Blankenship, Syndey Merrel, Ricky Ragone, Fox Watterson
In this episode we talk about:
- How to effectively go about choosing the songs in our setlists at our church.
- The importance of separating our personal preferences when choosing songs.
- The use of a team in picking the music we do.
- Why the congregation has to connect with the music they’re are singing.
- The role that a worship leader should play if they are not the person to actually pick the song they’re leading.
- Why scripture must also play a roll in what we are singing.
- The importance of strong lyrical content.
- Why we have to be a part of our congregation. We have to live life with them to be able to understand what they need to sing.
- How many people in our church aren’t listening to christian music throughout the week and why it is on us to help them sing their theology.