In this episode myself, Chris Bellamy, Chris Sligh, and Adam Dolhanyk talk about:
- What we think is going on with worship ministry and church in general.
- How the change in church culture is cyclical.
- The reality of the retirement of a lot of mega church pastors.
- How the internet has helped break down the walls for worship leaders and churches.
- The balance of churches focusing on multi-generations vs younger generations.
- Why the senior pastor has to be able to cast vision for the direction of the church. The support that younger leaders can provide in these transitions.
- Some history lessons from Hillsong, Brian Houston, and Calvary Chapels.
- The back and forth pull between multiple worship leaders vs a single leader on the weekend.
- The value of the mega-church experience on the life of a growing young leader.
- The pull back from video campuses for a live teacher on each campus.
- The balance of smaller church communities vs the big church experience.
This was a fantastic convo and I hope it was a help for you in your church! We’d love to hear from you, go ahead and leave a comment here with your question and we’ll answer it in a coming episode of Ask the Collective. If you haven’t had a chance to get plugged in to our facebook group yet, please do so! You’ll find a ton of really helpful church leaders, worship leaders, musicians, techs, and creatives.